Thursday, June 09, 2005

Jury Duty

Tomorrow I have jury duty. After discussing it with people at work (my boss included) they wondered why I couldn't get out of it. Well, I believe it is my civic duty to serve. We all enjoy a good legal system in America, and if you don't believe so, then you should be serving on a jury and doing something about it (or become a lawer/judge, but that takes more work). Otherwise, you shouldn't complain about a jury being made up of 12 peers who are too stupid to get out of jury duty. I'm really excited and I hope I get on a short, easy case. I will keep you updated.

Update: I was called into a case in court, but didn't actually get called up to serve. It was a great learning experience! Maybe I will do a detailed post on it in the near future.

3 comments |

<< Home