Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Portrait of a Hero



She may look normal to you, but Jeanne Assam is nothing short of a hero. She stopped a massacre (with the help of another wounded church member) by firing back at the shooter. The murderer was armed with a rifle and 500 rounds of ammunition. You all do the math, but I think she personally saved the lives of over a hundred people. How many of us have saved a single life, let alone a hundred?
She calmly described how the incident unfolded.

"I heard shots fired, there was chaos," she said. "There was a lot of people in the church. People were running away from shots fired.

"I saw him coming through the doors, and I took cover, and I waited for him to get closer...I identified myself, engaged him, and took him down."

..."I just prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide me my hands weren't even shaking."

1 comments |

<< Home